It is just as important to keep the porcelain floor tiles for the living room or outdoor or kitchen spotless, clean, and sparkling as it is to buy the best porcelain tiles that perfectly match the theme. However, this task is much easier than you assume. All you have to do is follow the directions and techniques outlined below.
Also, to avoid any damage to porcelain floor tiles, use only high-quality cleaning materials such as soap, vinegar, a mop, a brush, and so on.
In this blog, we will learn how to clean porcelain tiles, as well as a few tips to keep them clean. These tips are applicable to all types of porcelain floor tiles, including wooden strip tiles, matt floor tiles, and wood floor tiles.
Let's get started right away.
Cleaning porcelain floor tiles will necessitate the use of the following equipment and tools.
Equipment & Tools Required
- A Broom or Vacuum Cleaner
- Mop Bucket
- Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Soft Brush/Sponges
- Cleaning Towel
- A Bucket
Let's have a look at how to clean porcelain floor tiles.
Instructions to Clean Porcelain Floor Tiles
Using a Dust Mop, Sweep The Floor
The first step in cleaning the porcelain floor tiles is to sweep the floor with a dust mop. We recommend that you use a dust mop rather than a broom because the broom may cause scratches on the porcelain floor tiles. Also, make certain that any dirt and dust are cleaned from the corners and between the tiles.
Use the Mild Cleaning Solution To Mop The Floor
After you've finished sweeping, mop the floor with the mild cleaning solution to remove the remaining stains. You can either buy a mild cleaning solution or prepare your own using vinegar and water. Make sure the solution isn't too strong; otherwise, the tiles' health may deteriorate. The mild vinegar solution will disinfect, deodorize, and clean the porcelain floor tiles.
Scrub the Floor
Allow the cleaner to stay on the floor for 10-15 minutes after applying to enter into force. Then, using a soft brush, remove the stains. For the best results, we recommend scrubbing the stains in a circular motion until they are removed. After that, wipe away any remaining solution and thoroughly rinse the floor with hot, clean water.
Use the Sealing Treatment
To seal the pores, apply the sealing agent to the clean, dry porcelain floor tiles. To keep porcelain tiles in good condition, repeat the same process once a year. The sealing practice will plug the pores and make the tiles water-resistant, preserving their good health for a longer period of time.
Clean Grout Line
The grout lines should be thoroughly cleaned along with the tile surface, as these are the most vulnerable spots during installation. Using a small brush with a soft bristle, clean the grout lines with water and baking soda. Also, if the grout lines between the porcelain floor tiles have become too dirty, you should also consider replacing them entirely for a fresh look.
Rinse & Dry The Floor Well
Lastly, using a cloth piece, rinse the floor with clean hot water. After that, dry the floor with a clean towel. Make sure that there are no water spots or puddles of water on the floor. You can speed up the process by opening windows or using a blower. Above all, make certain that the floor is completely dry with no damp marks.
Once you've finished these 6 simple steps for cleaning porcelain floor tiles, your floor will be as clean and sparkling as a mirror.
Now, let's look at some tried-and-true ways for keeping porcelain tiles healthy for a longer period of time.
Tips To Keep Porcelain Floor Tiles Healthy For A Long Span
- Make sure you always thoroughly rinse and sweep the area before proceeding further.
- Cleaning products containing acid, chlorine, or other harsh abrasives should be avoided because they will degrade the quality and color of the tiles.
- Never use a metallic brush to clean porcelain floor tiles. Always use a brush with gentle bristles.
- Also, if you spill something on the floor, wipe it up right away to avoid a major mess.
- Colored products should never be used on porcelain tiles since they will stain them.
- Keep the windows and doors open when cleaning to allow for evaporation and good air quality. When using chemical cleaners, wear gloves and protective glasses to avoid inhalation injury.
- To clean the grouts between porcelain floor tiles, use a nylon brush or an old toothbrush.
- Scrubbing tiles without using water will result in scratches.
- For the best results, always scrub the spots in a circular motion.
- To remove tough stains, such as coffee spillage, use baking soda. Simply sprinkle baking soda on the stain and then wipe it with a clean towel to clean it. Scrub the area gently until the stain is gone.
- Make sure to wipe the floor with hot water one more time before the cleaner dries on the porcelain floor tiles. This will prevent the cleaner from staining or damaging the tiles.
- Don't forget to sweep the corners and between the lines when you're sweeping the floor. There must be no dust or dirt on the floor.
These are some tried-and-true tips for how to clean porcelain floor tiles for a long period. Make sure you recall each of them before you begin the cleaning process.
Summary: Graystone Ceramic is an acknowledged porcelain floor tiles manufacturer based in India with extensive experience in producing high-quality porcelain tiles and associated products. The company sells its high-quality, low-cost items in over 25 countries across the world. Contact us to discover more about Graystone's products and export policy.